Today is my one year blogiversary! I remember how nervous I was to click publish last September. Once I hit that button there was no turning back…I wondered if anyone (other than my mom) would actually read my blog, or if they did, would even be interested in what I was writing about.
I started this blog because I love writing, I love photography, and because I truly love connecting with others. Fast forward a year later and I can still say that I love doing all of those things! I have so many plans and goals for this little blog. While it may have taken me longer than I hoped to get off of my feet and rolling, I am proud of what I have accomplished during these last 365 days.
Fashion, motherhood, and healthy food are all things that I love sharing about here. We all deserve to feel good about ourselves, so it is my hope that I can inspire you in some way as you go about your day.
10 things about me
Since it is my blogiversary I thought it would be fun to share 10 random facts about me so you can get to know me a little better! For those of you who are new around here you can learn more about me by heading over to my about page.
Here we go!
- I don’t like donuts. My kids think there is something seriously wrong with me.
- I played tennis throughout high school and for one year in college.
- Growing up my family only flew on an airplane once. Every other vacation we took was a road trip. We drove to California, Canada, Florida, Ohio, and Washington D.C. just to name a few. It may have taken us longer to reach our destination, but I am so grateful for being able to experience so much of this country as well as our neighbors to the north. I will also always treasure the memories I made with my family!
- I cook almost every single meal from scratch. It sometimes feels like a ton of work, but feeding my kids healthy, real food is a passion of mine.
- I am not a morning person, but wish that I was! When I wake up in the morning I don’t want anyone to talk to me. Steer clear.
- My hair is wavy, but I always wear my hair straight or curl it with a curling iron. Did you ever see the Friends episode where they went to Barbados and Monica’s hair looked like a giant helmet? While my hair may not be that bad, it sure feels that way by the end of the day when I wear it wavy. After all these years I still have not found anything that will tame my lovely locks for more than an hour or two. Anyone have any amazing tips?
- If I could travel anywhere in the world it would be to Italy.
- Beverly Hills 90210 is my all-time favorite TV show. I watched every single episode (probably for the 100th time) of all 10 seasons while I was nursing my youngest during her first year.
- I just started drinking coffee this year. Lattes to be more specific. I get so much more accomplished. Why did I not start this habit years ago??
- Reading is one of my absolute favorite things to do, but I don’t make enough time for it anymore. Anyone have any good book recommendations to inspire me to get back on track?
Thought I would also share a few previous posts that you might enjoy AND that will hopefully be useful to you!
The very first post that I ever published was Meal Planning 101: Ultimate Tips For Busy Moms. I am happy to report that I am still doing this! Having a meal plan in place makes dinner time in our house run so much smoother. This post also includes a free meal planning template you can download. Another post that readers tell me has been super helpful with school starting up again is my list of 25 kid approved healthy snacks (adults like them too!).
If you are starting to think about meals for cooler fall days, check out my healthier tomato soup recipe. One of my kids’ favorite dinner recipes!
Every month I try to share some of my favorite finds. My most recent Friday Favorites post includes one of my favorite fall sweaters and a must have item for mamas who are potty training their little ones.
Last but not least I want to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone who has supported me and read my blog during this first year. Your support truly means so much to me. I am excited for the future of The Inspired Brunette and hope you will continue to follow along with me on this journey!
Wendy Wallace says
Congratulations! I just started blogging and I can only imagine how great the 1 year anniversary is going to be.
Thank you Wendy! The year has gone by so fast. Hard to believe I am starting on year two. Good luck to you in your blogging journey!
Jennifer Maune says
Happy blogiversary!! Definitely going to check out your recipes. Kudos for you for making most meals from scratch! And welcome to the wonderful world of having a caffeine addiction! (;
Thank you so much Jennifer! I am hoping I don’t regret starting this caffeine addiction! 😉
I like this idea of sharing who you are in your anniversary blog. Congrats on your anniversary. I enjoyed reading this.
Thank you Iris! Happy that you enjoyed reading the post!
Jennifer - Libby and Lu says
How can you not like doughnuts? They are a gift to mankind 😉
Congrats on making it a year! I recently started my blog and I can’t wait until I have a full year under my belt. To me, it always seems like the year mark is when you can stop calling yourself a total beginner.
In terms of reading, I’ve found that ebooks help me a lot. I always have my phone with me and I get my ebooks on there. I also borrow them from the library so I have a deadline. Whenever I’m waiting in a line or in a waiting room, I have my “book” right there with me. It’s amazing what a difference it makes rather than scrolling through social media randomly.
Thank you! Congrats to you on recently starting your blog! The year will go by before you know it!
Funny thing is that I liked donuts as a child, but not now! Thanks for the tips on ebooks. It would be nice to always have something with me without having to lug around a big book!
Congrats on your blogger-versary!! 🎉 what an exciting time… I can’t wait to check out your other posts!! Especially the fall recipe 😉
Thanks so much Tiffani! I appreciate you stopping by! Fall recipe will be up early next week!
It’s a big deal to blog for a year and your blog is beautiful.
I might think that there is something seriously wrong with you as well when it comes to not liking donuts. I feel that their hype has diminished as I get older BUT I do love a good donut every now and then.
I am also a book lover. My last favorites have been: Educated, and Little Fires Everywhere
Thank you Eevi! Thanks too for making me laugh with your comment about me and donuts. 😉
I have heard that Educated is a great book. Will definitely get my hands on a copy. Thx for the recommendations!
Hi! So nice to read this post about you! I used to the donuts as a kid and love them but try to avoid them for that reason 😂.
I love that you love to read! This year I made a commitment to myself to read at least one book per month: I’ve stuck to it but I use the Hoopla app which goes through your public library. They have ebooks and anything you’d find at the library and I love that it’s free!
Also, give me all the lattes!
Congrats on your blogiversary! 🎉
Thanks Kimberly! I definitely need to set a reading goal each month. Think that would help me read more often! Thanks for the tips.
Ruth Shapter says
Congratulations on your one year of blogging 🙂 I only just started blogging a couple of months ago, and I definitely inspire to be in a good place like you are in a years time. Also I have the same troubles with my hair! It’s very annoying!
Thank you Ruth! Good luck on your blogging journey. Hope you are enjoying it so far!
Congratulations!! So exciting! I love your blog!
Number 1 is cracking me up, I’m not a doughnut lover myself.
The thing people think is really weird is that I hate pizza and ice cream too lol.
Thank you so much Traci! Yay! I found another fellow non-doughnut lover! I wish I hated ice cream and pizza! 😉
Congratulations on blogging for one whole year! So amazing.
Thank you Tallary!
Natashia Ogunyemi says
Congrats! I started my blog in December 2017, then after a name change, I decided to go live in July. Like you, I started because I too love to write and share not only my story but the stories of others. I wish you much success on your continued journey!
Thank you Natashia! Congratulations to you on taking the leap into blogging! I wish you all the best as well!
Happy Blogiversary! Thanks for letting us get to know you a bit more!
Congratulations, what a great accomplishment! I cannot believe number 1!
I have visited Italy twice, it is one of my favorite countries. You definitely need to go.
Thank you Gemma! Yes! Need to get to Italy soon. So amazing that you have been twice!
Happy 1 year! Love hearing more about you. I’m also not a morning person. Wish I cooked more from scratch too though
Hi Erika! Thank you! It can be hard to cook from scratch with our busy schedules! Two things that have helped me are planning out our meals each week and trying to do some food prep ahead of time (weekend, day before, morning, etc.). On nights we are really busy with activities I will plan a much simpler dinner, or use leftovers in the fridge.