Today is my one year blogiversary! I remember how nervous I was to click publish last September. Once I hit that button there was no turning back…I wondered if anyone (other than my mom) would actually read my blog, or if they did, would even be interested in what I was writing about.
I started this blog because I love writing, I love photography, and because I truly love connecting with others. Fast forward a year later and I can still say that I love doing all of those things! I have so many plans and goals for this little blog. While it may have taken me longer than I hoped to get off of my feet and rolling, I am proud of what I have accomplished during these last 365 days.
Fashion, motherhood, and healthy food are all things that I love sharing about here. We all deserve to feel good about ourselves, so it is my hope that I can inspire you in some way as you go about your day.
10 things about me
Since it is my blogiversary I thought it would be fun to share 10 random facts about me so you can get to know me a little better! For those of you who are new around here you can learn more about me by heading over to my about page.
Here we go!
- I don’t like donuts. My kids think there is something seriously wrong with me.
- I played tennis throughout high school and for one year in college.
- Growing up my family only flew on an airplane once. Every other vacation we took was a road trip. We drove to California, Canada, Florida, Ohio, and Washington D.C. just to name a few. It may have taken us longer to reach our destination, but I am so grateful for being able to experience so much of this country as well as our neighbors to the north. I will also always treasure the memories I made with my family!
- I cook almost every single meal from scratch. It sometimes feels like a ton of work, but feeding my kids healthy, real food is a passion of mine.
- I am not a morning person, but wish that I was! When I wake up in the morning I don’t want anyone to talk to me. Steer clear.
- My hair is wavy, but I always wear my hair straight or curl it with a curling iron. Did you ever see the Friends episode where they went to Barbados and Monica’s hair looked like a giant helmet? While my hair may not be that bad, it sure feels that way by the end of the day when I wear it wavy. After all these years I still have not found anything that will tame my lovely locks for more than an hour or two. Anyone have any amazing tips?
- If I could travel anywhere in the world it would be to Italy.
- Beverly Hills 90210 is my all-time favorite TV show. I watched every single episode (probably for the 100th time) of all 10 seasons while I was nursing my youngest during her first year.
- I just started drinking coffee this year. Lattes to be more specific. I get so much more accomplished. Why did I not start this habit years ago??
- Reading is one of my absolute favorite things to do, but I don’t make enough time for it anymore. Anyone have any good book recommendations to inspire me to get back on track?
Thought I would also share a few previous posts that you might enjoy AND that will hopefully be useful to you!
The very first post that I ever published was Meal Planning 101: Ultimate Tips For Busy Moms. I am happy to report that I am still doing this! Having a meal plan in place makes dinner time in our house run so much smoother. This post also includes a free meal planning template you can download. Another post that readers tell me has been super helpful with school starting up again is my list of 25 kid approved healthy snacks (adults like them too!).
If you are starting to think about meals for cooler fall days, check out my healthier tomato soup recipe. One of my kids’ favorite dinner recipes!
Every month I try to share some of my favorite finds. My most recent Friday Favorites post includes one of my favorite fall sweaters and a must have item for mamas who are potty training their little ones.
Last but not least I want to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone who has supported me and read my blog during this first year. Your support truly means so much to me. I am excited for the future of The Inspired Brunette and hope you will continue to follow along with me on this journey!